Where do i start?
Thats all I can think. I have just spent two days looking under the hood of one of the most successful gyms in the world.
New systems, approaches, policies coming out of my ears.
They have solutions to problems I have not even encountered yet.
Easy to be overwhelmed after two days of intense learning, introspection and planning.
Doing my best to process some of the major takeaways as I sit in the airport. Heres a short list to start with
- Know where you are going, then make the map.
- Being good at the sport of CrossFit is very low down on the priority list.
- The pursuit of excellence is exactly that. A pursuit.
- Start 5 minutes late, finish 5 minutes early
- Steal ideas, and don’t be afraid to tell everyone you did.
- Living by your core values is everything.
- Actually doing that takes massive commitment and discipline.
- Tell everyone exactly who you are. Then remind them.
So, back to…Where do I start?
So many cool things to implement, I cant wait to get to work.
And thankfully, I don’t need to tip over the boat.
We are definitely on the right track and our planned direction does not change.
What Ben and Harry showed me was I need to double down on that direction and take it even further, and do it even quicker.
Scary but brilliant to hear.
I now know where this journey can lead and I have seen what the possibilities are .
I have never been more excited.